Vinyl siding is a facing material that has the widest range - by type and price, for every taste and income. Covering the house with vinyl siding solves the problem of appearance and heat conservation at the same time. Warming and lining are held in parallel - the gap between the wall and the vinyl surface is filled with insulation.
Using panels, you can change the appearance of the entire site in a short time - for example, a siding blockhouse will turn all buildings into stylish houses from even logs.
Everyone knows what it is?
These are panels from polyvinyl chloride used for external and internal decoration of walls.
Consists not only of PVC, but also other modern synthetic materials:
- calcium carbonate - plays the role of a filler;
- titanium dioxide - protects the appearance and color of the surface from weathering and sunlight;
- butadiene - stabilizes the structure and maintains its integrity for a long time;
- a number of other additives that each manufacturer uses in different quantities in order to improve the wear resistance of the material;
Each company mixes the components in the proportions that are special, there are no established standards.
The panels are produced by extrusion - a hot tape of material is created under pressure, it is given the desired profile.
There are simple varieties, with the same composition on the external and internal sides. Complicated structure implies a more solid and dense side outside, the inner one is less durable, its composition is aimed at increased heat retention. Different types of extrusion are used to make both varieties.
The advantages of PVC are known for a long time, because this material is already firmly in use.
- Keeps properties at ambient temperatures from -500 to +500 C.
- The material is absolutely non-flammable, but can melt. Does not rot, does not support the life of microflora.
- Vinyl is lightweight, it can be mounted on fragile walls.
- It is relatively inexpensive and is a housing renovation tool available to most.
The characteristics of vinyl bring it closer to flawlessness, and it is becoming an increasingly purchased material for finishing work.
One of the undoubted advantages of this finishing material is its ease of installation. Installation of vinyl siding with their own hands under the force of even one person without special skills. The disadvantages of vinyl siding, or rather, one, also apply to the installation process. When installing the panels, it is necessary to immediately think up a system of air movement between the wall and the lining.
Vinyl is not permeable to air and steam, so the lack of regular ventilation will lead to accumulation of moisture - wooden walls will begin to rot.
It is enough to carefully read a couple of good articles on self-installation, to understand how to fix vinyl siding.
All actions need to be thought out and organized, taking into account the basic principles of working with this material:
- One of the characteristics of vinyl is the change in size at high ambient temperatures, which means you need to leave small gaps - this will prolong the life of the veneer;
- it is not necessary to work at frosts below 120 C, as a result of compression of the panels in the calculations, an error may appear;
- if, however, work is carried out in cold time, then cutting will have to be carried out at room temperature, and the material must be pre-heated in the heat;
- panels should be laid with screws with large caps or nails for roofing, they are driven in the middle of the panel;
- siding is installed only on the crate - can not be laid directly on the walls;
- the crate is made of metal or wood, while the wooden base will have to be treated with protective substances;
- siding is mounted strictly perpendicular to the horizontal / vertical rails.
The panels are soft, they are easy to cut with a sharp knife or hacksaw with small teeth - this is also a plus for the owner of the house. You can install them horizontally and vertically, the frame is assembled with this in mind.
The beauty of a house that does not require sacrifice
The cladding material is not only suitable for outdoor work, it can also decorate the interior, so you can immediately evaluate how it will look in the hallway, in the kitchen and other areas of the house.
Types of vinyl siding can be listed for a long time, but they all come down to three main groups:
- spotlights (solid, perforated), they usually trim ceilings;
- ground siding (small blocks with a particularly strong structure).
Vinyl siding for the basement - thick (up to 5 mm), but lightweight panels, imitating stone, brick. They give the impression of a facade finish with natural material - even with close scrutiny.
A variety of types will allow to choose a stone surface or a bricklaying of any shade, with any sizes of elements. For example, vinyl brick siding can be of any color.
Smooth bricks or rough, large, flat rows or careless masonry - without long dirty work. If you put vinyl siding under a stone correctly, it will solve the problem of insulation and will not lose its appearance over the years.
If you wish, you can veneer the whole house, turning it into an impregnable medieval castle, and if you panel the fence from vinyl siding under the stone, the effect will be complete. For those who love wood houses, vinyl house will be suitable - the use of vinyl siding under the log easily turns buildings into luxurious log houses.
Vertical surfaces are sheathed with them, they can be of even color and texture, for example, vinyl siding under wood - an exact imitation of a natural surface, ideal country siding.
Wall panels are used more often, and there are more of them - various textures for any design project, exterior and interior decoration:
- vinyl siding under the timber (ship board);
- Herringbone (single, double, triple);
- blockhouse (vinyl siding under a log).
Siding imitation timber can imitate expensive woods, or have a woody texture of unusual colors - the house will take on a natural and expensive look. Vinyl siding blockhouse - the same, but in the form of logs. It does not require any additional time-consuming actions for surface treatment, varnishing, etc.
Vinyl siding under the log is used for exterior and interior decoration - the design of the house depends only on the owner. Bathhouses, ancillary facilities, a house for a well - all this can be a log, while not a single tree will suffer - another plus. Vinyl siding under the block house - a solution for those who prefer natural beauty.
The color of the updated house
The choice of color is not a problem, the market offers a range of shades of standard non-irritating colors (green, sand, warm pastel).
However, there are unusual colors, but sets of non-standard colors will have to search the manufacturers catalogs.
The problem, what kind of vinyl siding is better to buy, should be decided on the basis of their own wishes, but there are several points that should be taken into account when considering any type of material.
- You should be aware that too cheap grades of vinyl siding have recycled materials. Such a purchase will be economical, but the durability of such panels is inferior to expensive series. The composition of the panels must be specified in the papers attached to the product.
- Perhaps you should first inquire about the manufacturer of the proposed material - to study product reviews. As mentioned above, all components and accessories must be purchased from the same manufacturer.
- Packaging must be complete and of high quality, the presence of a certificate of compliance with international standards confirms the quality of the selected products.
- When choosing a color, keep in mind that pastel colors burn out less and do not absorb heat. The inner and outer sides should not differ in color. Glossy surfaces are more susceptible to heat, moreover, matte is more resistant to external influences.
- Carefully review the side cut to track the quality of the casting - the thickness should be the same along the entire length. By the way, thickness does not mean special strength, on the contrary, thickened panels are less plastic and therefore more susceptible to deformation.
- Smooth panels are easier to clean and wash. Carefully inspect the surface of several offhand taken panels - cracks, bumps, roughness are unacceptable.
These are the main points that suggest how to choose vinyl siding. Blockhouse, shipboard, base - the range is so large that the choice will be successful even for exotic ideas.