Owning their own house or cottage, people want it to look beautiful and elegant, so many want to make a unique veneer for the house. Currently, the market provides an opportunity to choose the material for this. One of these materials is a basement siding under a brick. It is used in the formation of a standard brick exterior.
Brick panels were previously used only when closing the cap due to the exorbitant price. Now this material is available to almost everyone. Manufacturers of these panels are developing all new technologies, allowing to obtain numerous types of textured elements for the house plating.
Brick siding has certain distinctive features:
- It is used when finishing the basement part or the whole house;
- The thickness of the elements is designed to withstand mechanical damage;
- Perhaps partial use in conjunction with conventional siding when covering the entire surface of the house;
- Clean installation operations;
- There are different colors (brown, red, yellow, white brick).
These panels are suitable for finishing any buildings made from different wall materials. You can create a brick mansion or a stone palace.
Facing brick siding is divided into different categories according to the color of the panels, but there are also various types of brick siding applied to manufacturing technology:
- Metallic brick siding - steel or aluminum is used in the production of the material. Also known as iron siding. Possesses properties of nonflammability, resistance to blows, durability, inertness to water, low temperatures, ultraviolet rays. The top layer of the panels is made of zinc, which helps protect against rust. At occurrence of dents the panel seldom is subject to restoration. This type is used mainly when facing industrial buildings or hozpostroyek. When lining is required to establish a strong frame, so the panels have a weighty weight.
- Vinyl brick siding - in the manufacture of used polyvinyl chloride, which allows you to create a structure similar to a real brick. The material retains air masses, which affects the insulating properties. The panels have inherent properties of resistance to water, frosty conditions, ultraviolet radiation, and fire. The main feature of this type is a small weight of the panels, which affects the rapid process of lining. Also, the panels can be easily cut and stored the remaining parts.
- Fiber cement siding - made using cement and cellulose fibers. The result is a solid monolithic coating. This species has a higher price than other species. Such material has a large mass, which requires the assistance of other persons in the decoration. When facing it is necessary to carry out preliminary work to strengthen the walls and foundation parts. The panels are frost-resistant and are not exposed to UV rays.
Panel makers are trying to expand the product range by inventing new types of materials.
So there is a kind of vinyl siding, characterized by the presence of insulation. The panels are similar to a thick sandwich construction. In this case, you can not carry out the insulation of the home.
Advantages and disadvantages
Brick siding has a number of advantages:
- The material is resistant to the negative effects of sunlight, low temperature, rain, which contributes to the protection of walls and insulation material from destruction.
- The method of production is designed for the manufacture of monolithic components of brick location, which is similar to the real brickwork. Continuous panels do not allow shameful areas.
- Facing the outer sides of the house with a brick siding is characterized by the absence of difficulties at work.
- Defects on the panels occur rarely, exclusively under mechanical action with sufficient pressure force.
- The practicality of the application is justified by achieving the least amount of waste during facade finishing works.
- Long service life.
- Environmentally friendly panels.
- Low labor costs when compared with brick or stone.
House siding with imitation brick in most situations is done outside, but it is possible to use such elements inside the building. Material use options:
- Facing the common surface of the sides, basement, porch columns during the construction of a large house. The most preferred colors are brown and white. They can be combined with plastered and painted walls.
- Facing barbecue or fireplace in the house. Then apply the fiber cement panels, as there is a direct fire.
- For decoration of pavilions, pavilions, homestead buildings.
For decorative purposes, you can use different color panels. The base is carried out in dark colors, and the rest - in light.
Installation of siding under the brick begins with the installation of crates. It is often made of a metal profile, which simplifies the process of working with metal siding or fiber cement elements.
Also required to calculate the amount of material. To do this, measure the length and height of the walls. It is worth considering that the assembly requires adjusting the pattern, so you need to provide a margin of 10%.
Before installing the material on the outside of the house, read the instructions for the dimensions of the necessary clearances between the individual elements. Installation steps:
- The first panel is mounted on the starting plate so that its angle should not go into the edge of the profile. Works are performed from left to right.
- After shifting the panel to the right until it stops, a layer of sealant is applied.
- Dock the panel with an angle.
- Secure the panel with nails or screws.
- Starts the second panel in the profile and moves to the first element.
- Repeat the procedure of placing the panels to the end of the cap.
- Fixing siding on the corner parts with a profile or corner.
- Making another wall.
The process ends with the mounting of the fitting profile, where you first need to make holes larger than the diameter of the fasteners. At the same time hold the attachment to the foundation and refueling the edges of the panels. Allowed to use hermetic composition for additional strengthening.
In the process it is necessary to make the docking smoothly, without applying excessive force. When fixing it is not necessary to introduce hardware into the mounting pins provided for protection against possible deformation changes.
Choosing panels of different production, you need to follow certain rules for the care of the material:
- At the end of the installation, you need to remove the outer film and wipe the surface with a dry cloth;
- Washing is best done with a damp cloth or with a stream of water directed downwards.
- Metallic brick siding is more often exposed to scratches, so after detecting damage, it is necessary to perform cleaning, priming and painting the surface.
- Panels can be changed if surface restoration cannot be performed.
Timely and quality care contributes to the long life of the facade.
Ground siding is one of the aesthetic materials for finishing houses. Various types of brick panels allow you to create unique decorative facings of different colors and textures. Such front material will reliably protect the walls of the house for many years.