Not so long ago, the finishing of the room consisted of pasting walls with simple wallpaper made of paper, but at the same time many people wonder how plasterboard putty is properly made for painting, since the surface must be perfectly flat and smooth. This work can be done independently, adhering to a specific algorithm of actions.
Why putty drywall?
Some home craftsmen believe that the plasterboard plasterboard wallpaper - a waste of time and effort. This work is very painstaking and requires special perseverance. In some situations, when decorative panels are used as the surface cladding material, it is possible not to putty the plasterboard surface. In other situations, you need to putty.
The seams and fastener caps must always be sealed, despite the method of finishing. Also, during transportation or improper storage, GVL plates can be deformed, which can be easily corrected with a putty.
Putty plasterboard walls necessarily performed, under wallpaper, painting, and decorative plaster. If ceramic tiles or PVC panels are used as a cladding material, it is sufficient to simply seal the seams and fasteners.
Drywall Puttying Technology
As soon as the drywall construction is ready, proceed to puttying. In order to have an idea about the performance of work, let us analyze the full algorithm for performing the finishing of drywall with your own hands for painting. So:
- primer surface of the gypsum board;
- seal fasteners;
- puttying seams using serpyanka;
- installation of a perforated angle;
- applying a starting layer of putty;
- finishing layer of putty;
- priming under fair facing.
What is the best putty for drywall? You can use any - plaster, polymer, cement (for wet rooms).
Finishing polymer coatings are applied in a thin layer, while the surface is smooth.
Gypsum plastering are of two types - starting, applied by the first base layer, and finishing. These compositions differ in plasticity and size of particles that are in the composition. These mixtures are used very often, their cost is not high.
GVL hard putty is performed in two forms - in containers, ready for use, and dry, which is diluted with water before use.
First of all, before the final plastering of plasterboard structures, preparatory work should be carried out: plasterboard should be primed and all joints should be repaired. Perform the work should be on the following technology:
- dilute the composition according to the manufacturer's instructions. It is worth remembering that gypsum mixtures do not live long, therefore, you need to plant exactly as much as you can work out in 30 minutes;
- with a small spatula, apply the mixture to each fastener head over the entire surface of the gypsum sheet fiber. Remove the excess carefully, do not leave too much material on the caps, forming irregularities. Once all the screws are masked, you can proceed to the graying stage;
- close up the seams in the material. It should be noted that there are two types of joints in the construction of large structures made of plasterboard - vertical and horizontal, and the puttying technology is different.
For high-quality sealing of seams it is worth detailing to tear apart the technology of each type.
It should be noted that the sheet of drywall on the vertical side has a beveled edge, which should be carefully hammered with starting putty before embedding. Then they should be glued with a serpyanka to prevent the occurrence of cracks afterwards. As soon as the seams are glued, a small layer of putty is applied on the serpyanka with a wide trowel so that the surface becomes even. As soon as all the seams are sealed, work is stopped until the solution is completely dry.
Before you close the horizontal connections GVL, you need to perform the following steps:
- Embroider the seams - cut off the edge at an angle of 45 degrees on each side of the joint;
- apply a brush in the primer, and walk along the seam to remove dust and increase adhesion;
- as soon as the soil dries out, we hammer the joints with a putty, while it is more convenient to work with a small trowel;
- align the surface of the seam and glue serpyanka;
- using a large spatula, put a small layer of putty on the grid.
This work on the sealing of seams and masking caps screws can be considered over.
Arrangement of external and internal corners
Before you begin this process, you need to prepare:
- perforated angle;
Serpyanka is used for arranging internal corners when filling plasterboard boxes, wall and ceiling joints. The technology is simple:
- apply a small amount of the composition on the corners;
- glue serpyanka;
- remove the remnants of the material with a spatula - while serpyanka pressed into the solution;
- apply a thin layer of putty, masking the mesh.
In order for the drywall puttying work to be done quickly, you need to prepare a large spatula (400 mm) and a help spatula (100 mm).
The first layer will be applying a starting layer of putty - a layer thickness of 5 mm, usually on drywall is more and not needed. This layer will be enough to mask all the irregularities on the material and possible defects.
The mixture is prepared as written on the packaging from the manufacturer.
The solution should get a consistency of thick cream without lumps. This can be achieved with the help of a drill and a mixer.
Finishing putty make more liquid and put a thinner layer. Application technique is similar, nothing changes. In addition, it is more difficult to work - it spreads worse, but it is necessary to stretch it with a thin layer and quickly level it. On the primer everything is much better, and without it, the lower layer quickly pulls moisture out of the fresh plaster, and it begins to roll. After applying the finishing putty, they wait again until everything is dry, then they begin to level, but this time they do not use the net - there are noticeable grooves from it, but sandpaper with fine grains. It is not so convenient to work with it - it quickly becomes clogged, but the surface turns out to be smooth. If the surface is prepared for painting, the backlight is done from the bottom or from the side and you can use not the incandescent lamp, but the LED one - all flaws are visible. Even very small.
To create a beautiful, flawless interior in the apartment, the walls in the room should be perfectly smooth. Help in this can be the finishing putty walls, which is easy to do with your own hands. To do this, it is enough to adhere to the chosen algorithm for performing the work.