The grid the chain-link is made on the special machine of a steel wire. In the production process, the wire spirals are screwed into each other. As a result, a web with rhombic (acute angle of 60 °) or square cells is formed. If the grid is assembled on a simple machine, then the ends of the wire are not bent. With the use of special netting automata, the ends of each helix are bent, which increases the service life of the product.
Types of chain-link
There are three types of mesh on the construction market: galvanized, with polymer coating, simple (without any additional layers).
This type of chain-link is the most popular. Due to its excellent performance, this material is suitable for both temporary fencing of sites, as well as for creating inexpensive permanent fences and gates in the country.
A web is produced with the following characteristics: the cells are produced with a side of 10 to 100 mm, the wire is used with a thickness of 1.2 to 6.5 mm, the web can have a height of 1 to 3 m.
Despite the flexibility of the canvas, the grid is suitable not only for enclosing areas, but also for the decoration of gates and wickets. Moreover, thanks to simple methods of assembling elements, it is possible to build quite functional structures from the chain-link with your own hands to organize the passage / passage to the site.
The advantages of the gate of the mesh fabric:
- speed, durability and reliability of the installation;
- low price of materials, ease of transportation and availability of self-assembled structures;
- it is lightweight and does not block sunlight;
- resistance to mechanical damage, temperature and humidity changes;
- long service life, the possibility of repairing the cut areas without dismantling the structure;
- ease of maintenance.
The disadvantages include a modest appearance, the accessibility of the site to the view from the outside, the need to periodically paint the entire structure.
The grid is also good because it is suitable for not only simple swing gates, but it also looks quite natural in sliding or sliding designs. So the lack of space can not be considered an obstacle to the construction of structures.
In order to make the gate and the gate of the chain-link reliable and have served for a long time, you need to use quality material and make accurate calculations and measurements.
For the manufacture of construction will need the following components:
- Rabitz. Preferably galvanized canvas with a cell side of 50 mm. When choosing the height of the roll repelled from the parameters of the gate. Since the design is not intended to close the area from the outside, then a canvas with a height of approximately 1-1.5 m is suitable. The optimal width for the gate is 3-3.5 m.
- pipes for supports and frame. Metal products can be considered a versatile material (pre-primed and painted). Wood as a support is rarely used, as it is not resistant to humidity and temperature extremes. Brick use is expensive and time consuming (the foundation is laid out);
- tension wire. Suitable galvanized wire with a thickness greater than 2 mm.
Since the net does not give the gate any kind of windage, then there is no need for a reinforced frame. However, it is necessary to take into account the softness of the canvas and the possibility of its sagging over time, so it is advisable to install additional crossbars (diagonal and at the location of the lock).
Stages of work
Swing gates from the chain-link have an uncomplicated device and can be installed during the day, subject to preliminary drawing up the scheme and drawing the doors from the grid.
- Construction pipes of the appropriate sizes are cut from the pipes.
- The metal parts are polished, the cutting points are carefully processed.
- The blanks are welded according to the drawing. In order for the framework to have the correct forms, it is recommended to first conduct spot welding. After measuring all the elements and corners, you can make a solid weld. Welding sections are ground.
- Loops and a locking device are welded to the frame. On the gate, you can install a simple deadbolt - this will be quite enough. That when welding elements did not lead, it is desirable to fix them at first with screws. All products are coated (primed) with an anti-corrosion compound and painted.
- The necessary piece of the chain-link is prepared. The dimensions of the canvas must comply with the internal parameters of the frame. To separate the section of the grid, you just need to unscrew one wire in the right place.
- To attach the fabric to the structure, you can apply two methods: fasten the mesh on the hooks welded to the frame, or use tension wire. When applying the latter option, it is necessary to stretch the wire through the cells of the chain-link and weld it to the gate (lower, upper parts of the frame and a diagonal crossbar). If there are no additional elements, then the tension wire is simply pulled through the middle of the canvas.
- Install support columns. So that the gate from the netting of the chain-link possesses stability, the supports are driven in to a depth of 1 m. The best option is half the height of the gate. The pillars are fixed in different ways: they simply clog (solid ground) or are concrete in the ground (loose soil).
- Made gate leaf hung on the supporting pillars.
To ensure a long service life, the distance between the ground and the lower parts of the valves should be at least 10 cm.
In order to assemble and install a wicket from the net of a chain-link with your own hands, the above steps are repeated.
Mesh fabric should be stretched not only tightly, but without distortions.
Before you install the pillars, it is important to ensure that they are strictly upright. Otherwise, the entire structure will quickly skew during operation.
If the site is located near the road, the carriageway, then the doors and gates should open inwards so as not to interfere with the movement of vehicles.
In the case of temporary installation of the gate from the chain-link at the cottage, it must be borne in mind that the canvas can be used for various other purposes after dismantling the structure.
When installing the gate and the fence of the chain-link, you can use the grid with cells of different sizes.
Proper installation of the gate will ensure a long service life of the structure. If you show imagination, then on the grid you can weave out an interesting pattern or ornament, which will give the gate individuality and originality.