The layout of a small kitchen is a problem of many new and old apartments, as well as a sore subject for housewives. The kitchen is the most important place in the house, because here they cook with love for the whole family, as well as store a lot of food, dishes and other household items. The project of the kitchen interior is 8 square meters. m will turn into an exciting challenge if you familiarize yourself with some design rules. Examples of proper placement of furniture, layout options, optimal use of space - in fact it is very simple.
To combine compactness and convenience, the first step is to choose a layout:
- two-row version - all elements of the interior are parallel to each other;
- single row version - all elements are located along one wall - convenient, but difficult to implement in a small kitchen, you will have to slightly reduce the amount of furniture and equipment;
- semicircular layout - the center is located opposite the entrance, and the furniture in the interior is located on two side walls. This layout is often complemented by a bar;
- L-shaped layout - is considered one of the best solutions for kitchens with a small area, saves space through the use of the corner, where they usually place the corner set. Thus, there remains a free zone for the dining table, with this option often used embedded appliances;
- layout with the "island" - ideal for a square kitchen. A comfortable working area in the center will allow you to chop, dry and prepare food, you can also put ready-made meals there - a great find for the hostess.
Ergonomic triangle and comfort zones
Scientists have long tested the time and energy used in the preparation of the same dish, but in different conditions. It was found that the most important areas when cooking are:
- a refrigerator (as a storage place for most products);
- washing and working area (where products are processed);
- stove (place of immediate cooking).
Receptions of modern design at 8 square meters. m
Using cunning ideas when arranging furniture and appliances, and knowing how to decorate an interior, you can equip a kitchen of any size in the most modern style.
- Rationality when planning. At the initial stage of the kitchen project, carefully consider the use of each square. m, because in a small area there are no unnecessary sites. Do not place the refrigerator in the middle, it will “eat” the space, it is better to place it in the corner near the window with other tall objects.
- Using rails. This is an ideal place to store kitchen utensils that fit into any interior.
- Built-in niche. Another idea for storing dishes and other things, which, moreover, becomes an additional free surface.
- General background and color unification. Tones like beige, milky, gray and white are best for the background. They expand the space of your apt. m. and create unity. Bright accents in the form of paintings and modular watches are appropriate, but not large in size.
- All at a minimum. Sort furniture and accessories and get rid of what you do not use. Already at the initial stage of design, strictly approach this issue - by 8 square meters. m. many elements just do not fit.
- Zoning space. The working and dining area can be divided by choosing different, but combined furniture. You can also use the difference levels of the ceiling and floor. You can also play with the texture for decoration.
Focusing on these tips, you will lay the foundation for the design of the kitchen interior in your home.
Lighting and decoration
For 8 square meters. One chandelier in the middle of the ceiling will not be enough, you also need to connect local and spot lighting. The location of the lamps should be combined with the interior, the same style, and not interfere with furniture. If you are just going to repair the ceiling, then think about placing the chandelier not in the center, but above the dining table - this will add comfort to the design.
Kitchen with balcony
Proper use of the balcony significantly increases the size of not only the kitchen itself, but the whole house. Having carefully insulated the balcony, you can take out the dining area there. The window sill can turn into a table or bar counter. On the balcony you can also put a sofa, which can be transformed into an additional comfortable and romantic bed.
If your balcony offers a view of a beautiful urban or natural landscape, you can arrange there a working area for cooking or a study.
Common mistakes in the layout and design of 8 square meters. m
Sometimes you should not give up the necessary elements in the kitchen in favor of saving, and sometimes you need to abandon the unnecessary in its favor:
- Exhaust hood Never refuse the hood, on such a small area it is vital. Using the hood will prevent the spread of kitchen aromas, it will save you from greasy drops and make cleaning easier - you only need to wash the grill, instead of the apron, walls and floor.
- Do not place the microwave oven down in modern design, it occupies the top place.
- Typically, the kitchen of this size is very narrow, and to increase the height, choose a vertical pattern of wallpaper, and never buy wallpaper with a large and colorful pattern - so you only reduce the kitchen.
- When choosing furniture, focus on concise forms and built-in modules. Such hidden shelves and cabinets remarkably save space. It is better to choose the doors not hinged, and the compartment or rising.
The kitchen area of 8 square meters. m. can embody many ideas, not constraining yourself. It is enough to know a few secret tricks in the planning of the house. Successful kitchen design depends on the right combination of light, color and layout.